Certified Nursing Assistant Job Description
- Provides direct care to residents, bathing, showering, dressing, transporting, ambulating, oral care, assists in all areas of elimination.
- Turns and repositions bedridden residents, observing skin condition.
- Prepares client meals feeds residents.
- Records meal percentage, intake and output.
- Changes bed linens as needed.
- Takes, records and reports Vital Signs, Temperature, Pulse, Respiration’s, blood pressure, weighs residents.
- Uses Universal precautions to prevent the spread of disease.
- Observes monitors and reports to licensed supervisor.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Job
- Extensive standing,
- Walking, reaching.
- Frequent sitting,
- Manipulation of equipment and use of hands.
- Occasional kneeling,
- Twisting and climbing.
- Frequent positioning of residents,
- Involving lifting and transfers.
Specific physical requirements may differ based on resident care unit. Involves understanding written and oral instruction, reading and understanding written material (such as a medical record) and basic math skills.